Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 dodge Dakota LE 5.2 v8 4x4 that i replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs and wires, battery and fuel pressure regulator got the truck running last night and today i drove about 12 miles and all of a sudden started idling ruff and died wouldnt restart for about 4 hours after that time period the truck would idle just fine any help would be nice

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'd be checking the crank position sensor on the rear of the passenger head, due to age and it being an "intermittent" (quit, then after a while started again).

Suggestion: Go Mopar. The aftermarket ones seem to be flaky, and the factory one - well, it's lasted, what, 29 to 30 years now?

RwP

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have been thinking - one more thing to check is to open the gas cap up when it's not running, and see if that "fixes" it.

Your vent may be blocked when putting the tank back in; this will allow it to run until the pump evacuates enough that it can't suck against the vacuum; sitting 4 hours bled enough air back in it would run.

That's a possibility. Not a lead pipe cinch, but another thing that would explain it.

RwP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.