Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, whats up. just created my account and i got a question about my truck. bought it about 2 weeks ago. its a 1999 5-speed dodge dakota 4x4. never had a manual car before so for the last few weeks ive just been getting the hang of it. then a few days ago i tried putting it into reverse and it made this really loud grinding sound so i immediately put it back into neutral. then after that i tried it again and it did the same thing. after moving it into a few gears and letting go of the clutch while in neutral moved it back into reverse and it went in without a problem. and after that it did it ever time i attempt to go into reverse. i dont mind moving it around the gearbox for alittle but i wanna know why it makes the grinding sound and how to fix it. my friend said that it could possibly be a synchro so idk. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

I don't know anything about manual transmissions. Hopefully someone will be along to help. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! We are sure glad to have you!!

could be a synchro, but it might be the clutch not engaging all the way

you can change gears without the truck being started and without pushing in the clutch. see if it goes into reverse that way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts