Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my front windows rattle when they are rolled down all the way. Anyone else have this problem? It's fine just cruising down a smooth road, but as soon as I hit a bump, those suckers bang around in their slot something fierce!

I'm having a new sound system installed soon, and i wanted to pull the door panels off at that time to inspect the window assembly. I assume there is a track missing or a piece that stabilizes the windows when they are in the down position. Does anyone have an exploded view of this or have experience with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

·
Registered
735 Posts
Never heard of rattling noises with the windows down. Definitely not a common issue, something is loose for sure.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
agreed not a common issue. the panel is easy to remove. just takes a min or two. take if off and see whats going on in there. probably just a loose rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed too on this same door (in which the window rattles) that the door handle on the outside is not seated tightly around the opening. I'm wondering if something wasn't re-installed correctly. Still haven't pulled the panel yet -- I was waiting for some cash for birthday to get a new stereo, which should happen in the next couple weeks! Then I'll pull the panel since new speakers will be taking the place under the panels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Haven't removed the door panel yet. I did buy a stereo from Crutchfield and install in the dash on this model truck. Piece of cake except for the fuse I removed and accidentally left out. Took three days and two techs to figure out what I had done!!!! Pulling my hair out on that - lesson learned: Never mess with the fuse box without confirming that every fuse is there before you close it up.

Stereo install was smooth otherwise, once I had the correct info about how to get accessory power...I followed the crappy directions in the wiring harness kit, which omitted a few important steps. I had the non-infinity standard sound package, so it was really pretty easy. Now I have integral Bluetooth and it's awesome!

Next project, now that I have the Crutchfield Master Sheet for the stereo and speaker install, is to pull the door panels and check out the track issue. The stereo improved the sound enough that I doubt I will bother buying speakers at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts