Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I realize that this is probably a dumb question but does anyone know what would be needed to convert a 1994 dakota with a 4 X 4 5.2L and manual transmission from EFI to card? It would be nice if I could also retain the cruise control in the process. Just a little back ground - Normally I would not suggest something of this nature however, my truck is currently in the shop in need of a new engine computer. My mechanic has told me that this engine combonation is so rare that there dont seem to be any ready done cores available. This means that I will have to send mine back to be re-worked, which I have been told will take 2-3 weeks. I have called around to autoparts stores in the area and have gotten the same story from them. To be honest, I dont mind the 2-3 lead time because it's not my only vehicle. What concerns me is that if it's lost or damaged in transit I am screwed. I love the truck and am unwilling to go with an automatic trans (Possibly out of stubbornness?). Any suggestions on this would be helpfull. Thank you..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not quite the right one but that's a good idea to check there. When you did your swap were you able to retain all acessories?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well i didnt have A/C or anything but all the factory guages still work. and i converted it to an automatic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the m1 intake is a direct bolt on for your magnum to switch it over youll need a ready to run distributor aswell and new carbed and so on ur looking at a few hundred bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts