Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people. i have a 93 dodge dakota sport with the 3.9 magnum. the engine seems to stall out occasionally during different times. one time being when its cold it seems to stumble or die when i shift from park to drive or reverse. at other times after operating temp is reached it will stall at a stop or at a low speed deceleration. and to throw an oddball in there occasionally/usual on cold starts the truck does not like to shift into overdrive, resulting in me having to feather the throttle to make it shift into overdrive or having to go full throttle to try and make it shift which sometimes ultimately results in me having to pull over and shut the truck off for a while and/or driving in 3rd gear. anyhow im thinking that my stumble issues are related to my fuel filter which im reluctant to change due to the conditon of the fuel lines...and/or could be possibly related to a tired fuel pump...and/or could be related to a faulty IAC sensor? any ideas are much appreciated. thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 92 3.9 Dakota does the same stalling thing. I have a new fuel pump so I know that's not it( I have already tested it) the only thing that's different with mine is it stalls out when I go to areas with different pressures like close to water or higher altitudes. I am not sure if it is something to due to the different air pressure or not but that's what I've noticed. If anybody has an answer to this or even a clue of how I should go about this it would be great. I have asked multiple good mechanics around my area and nobody seems to have an idea. Any suggestions would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts