Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a question about my Dakota, I have owned it for about five to six months, the vehicle has 140,000 on it the person I bought it from took really God care of it. Now the problem is lon a cold start engine wants to stall, after about an hour of driving runs fine going log distances engine wants to stall, in stop and go traffic same thing, what shout I look for I was thinking of maybe the map sensor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been slowly bringing my old shitbox back to life, and I'm 90% sure the previous owner(s) didn't do jack shit haha. The things that made a noticeable difference in the idle coming back to normal has been: Going through ALL the fuses (if you can, buy a variety pack and just revamp the shit outta them), EGR valve (was feckin ooooold and stuck open), going through all the vacuum lines and making sure they are solid and properly connected, and take off the throttle body, and clean the shit outta it. Scrubby pads and WD-40 will make it nice and easy. Take off all the sensors from throttle body, and clean with WD-40 or rubbing alcohol. Other than that, go over all your head bolts, intake bolts, valve cover bolts, and oil pan bolts and make sure they are 100% torqued correctly.

I really hope this helps! Bringing these trucks back to life is hella fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts