Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2002 quad cab 3.9L v6 and im looking to get a tuner. i need more horsepower and some better mileage wouldnt hurt either. i need to be able to change the tire size as well. just wondering what would be the best one to get.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might try changing the timing chain to a roller chain.I have found the standard chain both factory and aftermarket have a lot of play in them which cause wide swings in valve and ignition timing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a 3815 in my kota and I run the same programmer in my Ram w/ a cai, and cat-back exhaust w/ the programmer on my 02 4.7 I saw about 1-1.5 mpg gain in 91 performance and a very noticieable difference in power

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
After doing a bit of research, I've pulled the trigger on a SCT tuner. It should be here next week.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
awesome! you wont be disappointed, the 93 tune is pretty nice!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
awesome! you wont be disappointed, the 93 tune is pretty nice!
Thanks, Jerry. The guy I bought it from is from Cary, NC. He does tuning for DS and SCT tuners. I got it with the Stage 1 unlimited tuning. He'll modify the tune to match my mods for as long as I own the truck which will come in handy when the day comes that I decide to rebuild or replace the engine (hopefully no time soon).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts