Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah! I now have: the Headers (nasty looking right now, but will get coated), engine mounts, trans mount, modified oil pan, modified oil pick up tube and hardware. All this is needed to drop my 440 into the '92 Std Cab Dakota I am building.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nice. I'm looking forward to watching your project come together, Bill.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. I'm looking forward to watching your project come together, Bill.:)
Thanks EV, appreciate that. Yeah, I've done different kinds of things, over the years, but never a full build before and so I'm looking forward to this myself. Gonna be a long term one, I'm afraid, cause of all I'm gonna have to do. Probably would have been cheaper in the long run, to have gotten an R/T but they don't come along (in the way of a good deal) very often. Of course, I DID find one AFTER I had already gotten my '92 & committed to building it. :rolleyes: But, I would not have had the heart to pull the 360 out of an R/T and stuck a 440 in there. I'd rather not go THAT deep into one like that. My '92 has a little 2.5 four in there and it ain't gonna hurt at all, to remove THAT ONE! ;) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with , on your R/T too.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
awesome shipment! good luck with your build and i too am enjoying reading and watching this truck come to life!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome shipment! good luck with your build and i too am enjoying reading and watching this truck come to life!!

Thanks Jerry, I too am enjoying this and am working to make decisions about this build, that I am in hopes of, makes it a very "Trick Truck". I am one of those who is not very "Self Confident" and this build will be like getting therapy for me. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very nice Bill, glad ya got it!!! Add my name to the list of those who will enjoy watching this project!!! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice Bill, glad ya got it!!! Add my name to the list of those who will enjoy watching this project!!! :)

- Cajun
Well, I hope you all will bear with me, as I have never tried to put things into word and provide pictures on something like this. Plus, it is going to be a long term project. I think that, when I actually start working more on the Dakota, I'll start a new thread on the build and try my best to provide pictures of everything I do, along with (the best I can do at) details of what I do, what I am going to do and why. I will also provide links as to where I got and will get things for this build.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good. if you lived closer we could help each other out and get these trucks finished.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good. if you lived closer we could help each other out and get these trucks finished.

I hear ya, but North Carolina isn't just over the rise, eh?:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts