1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck:
2001 4.7L 4x4 3.73LSD

The Story:
After almost 200k it was running fine until I dropped a valve seat. No problem, take the head off, get a valve job, put it back on. (Replaced leaking power steering rack, outer tie rod ends, and right lower ball joint too. You know "while I was at it"). I never took the cam gear off the chain so the timing should still be good, but it seems like it's not. After driving it, keeping it under 2500RPM for a couple hundred miles I started popping codes for misfires and a bad O2 sensor. I replaced the sensor and now I'm getting a code for bank one running rich.

It feels like redline is now at 3500RPM and has almost no power over 2500RPM. I've been limping around at 60MPH/2000RPM and at that speed it doesn't overheat, but the needle is on the hot side of vertical.

Hypothesis:
My friends and I are assuming it could only be the timing, but we are concerned that, being a chain and gear, if the timing was wrong the truck would run even worse than it is.

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! :)
You might try posting your question here where the more mechanical minded people will see it and better your chances for an answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts