Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 94 sc sb 3.9 mt 4x4 that came with no rear driveshaft the cheapest i can get a new one for is 500 local shop quoted 600 for a custom one ive called every junk yard within 200 miles thiers none in my spec checked almost 300 ebay listings also none in my spec is their any other specs that would work or does anyone know where i can get one for a reasonable price

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
790 Posts
Check car-part.com. They show several available (112" wheelbase) from all over the country. Most include phone numbers so you can call and get price including shipping. Prices generally in the $75 - $100 range, not including shipping.

·
Registered
2003 RT with 5.9
271 Posts
Check car-part.com. They show several available (112" wheelbase) from all over the country. Most include phone numbers so you can call and get price including shipping. Prices generally in the $75 - $100 range, not including shipping.
That seems to be a good resource/site!
Last winter I screwed up one end of my Dakota shaft doing U-Joints & I spent $400 & some change at a shop that built me a new one (with U-Joints, LOL).
Just for the helluvit I went to this (ON EDIT) Car-Parts.com to see what a used one would have cost me, & it looks like there were quite a few options with one going as low as $75.
Hopefully I will never need another shaft for my Dakota, but who knows what else I may need someday & I've got two other 20 year old pickups.
Site is bookmarked thanks to Old Marine!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Last winter I screwed up one end of my Dakota shaft doing U-Joints & I spent $400 & some change at a shop that built me a new one (with U-Joints, LOL).
Just for the helluvit I went to this carparts.com to see what a used one would have cost me, & it looks like there were quite a few options with one going as low as $75.
Umm ... Spelink iz impurtant!

carparts.com is the old JCWhitney site.

car-part.com is the wrecking yard aggregator.

dry They are not the same thing.

RwP

·
Registered
2003 RT with 5.9
271 Posts
Umm ... Spelink iz impurtant!

carparts.com is the old JCWhitney site.

car-part.com is the wrecking yard aggregator.

dry They are not the same thing.

RwP

Typo acknowledged & corrected, Ralph.
It is possible that I may have been drinking yesterday when I was surfing & typing.
I checked my book marks, & yes, it was the actual Car-Part.com (not carparts.com) site that I went to to see what I could have bought a used shaft for.
Thanks for catching that.

On edit: the fact remains that I could have saved at least a couple of Cs had I been intuitive enough to check the used market. My new shaft is steel, however, if that will ever make a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts