Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, My son in law has a 2003 Dakota Quad cab 3.9 auto 4 wheel drive with 130,000 miles and it keeps throwing a "Cylinder 3 misfire" and is definitely missing, but not all the time. So far we have cleaned then replaced the injector, Full tune up (cap, rotor, plugs wires ..etc) but it still misses intermittently. I did lots of research on-line and a few ppl suggested that the plug on the fuel injector may be coming loose but I wanted some more opinions on this. Thx...Tj

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd like to Welcome you here from Arkansas, but have to say that I have no idea what to say or suggest, about your problem. There Are some here who might be able to offer help, RamTech for sure. Hopefuly, you can get that taken care of. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to Welcome you here from Arkansas, but have to say that I have no idea what to say or suggest, about your problem. There Are some here who might be able to offer help, RamTech for sure. Hopefuly, you can get that taken care of. ;)
Thank you for the welcome. I guess I'll just wait for more answers...Tj

·
Registered
250 Posts
A loose connector is certainly possible or even a PCM problem relating to that injector but it's difficult to say without scoping the injector firing pattern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts