Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't done them yet, but all the mechanics I've talked to say that's the best way to go. The 3in body lift will make the ride stiff, though I will probably do that as well so i can fit 32s on it nicely, though 31s will fit front and back with just the 2in leveling kit. wish they'd make a real suspension lift though for the 05+ dakotas and not just the leveling kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i never see any 2005s or newer lifted. and id personally get a leveling kit over a body lift because i cant stand the way body lift look. i kno leveling kits dont make the smoothest ride but they ride way better than a truck wit a body lift. And ive heard mechanics say tht leveling kits arent safe and then some of them say they r perfectly fine but idc i guess ill find out for myself cuz im ordering a 3 inch leveling kit and tires next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added a 2" Daystar Leveling kit on my 2006 Dodge Dakota. I noticed no performance or handling difference with it. I am very pleased with the leveling kit. With the level kit, I was able to put on 265/75/16 (31.7") Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires on compared to my stock 245/70/16 tires. There was the slightest rubbing on the front mud flap but I was able to pull them back to get rid of all the rubbing. The pictures I am attaching are the stock height, the 2" level kit with stock tires, then a pic of the level kit with the larger tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm planning on using the Rough Country 3" leveling kit on my 06 Dakota. Need a little more clearance when I am exploring with my Jeep Buddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a 3" body lift on my 2000 kota and it accually made the ride softer due to the poly lift blocks. I had already installed a 3" torsion key lift and that made my ride real hard, so I was glad that it softened up with the body lift.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 TRX and was told by a local tire place if I added the 2" Daystar Leveling kit I would have trouble with the CV joints wearing out fast, Has anyone ran into this problem?
Thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have an 09 TRX and was told by a local tire place if I added the 2" Daystar Leveling kit I would have trouble with the CV joints wearing out fast, Has anyone ran into this problem?
Thanks
Plenty of guys have installed the 2" Daystar kits on their 4x4's. The CV joints will definitely wear faster with a leveling kit than without though. I went with the 1.5" Trailmaster leveling kit. I figure it's less wear & tear on the front end, plus the same sized tires will fit with either the 1.5" or 2" leveling kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts