Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After rebuilding the frame beside the gas tank. I guess I should have checked availability of parts. But I figured this is a north American truck, and suspension components should be readily available. Boy was I wrong. Nothing on the Internet or aftermarket unless I want to lower it. But I want to keep it stock for now. Can anyone point me to a site or thread that overcomes this hurtle?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bracket is pretty rotten and not much left. I would rather not make one but if it comes down to it I guess I'll have to. Figured I'll see what you guys think, before I commit myself to manufacturing them from scratch.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You should be able to find one in a junk yard. You may want to look at other trucks besides a Dakota, so long as the spring width is the same. Check out any Ram trucks, and you can even look at Chevy and Fords.

Ed

·
Registered
294 Posts
there are aftermarket companies that make them. I'll have to look to see who it was but I found some for my cousin's Ranger he neded them for 2 trucks and springs for one as well. That company listed them for Dakotas too. what they sent for the Ranger looked pretty stout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts