Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Got the front wheel hub off. Want to replace the bolts to put on the new hub. Need the size of the bolts and best place to purchase! 2005 Dakota

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a parts manual for a 2003 Dakota, but it doesn't show any bolt sizes. For the front steering knuckle, it shows as a complete assembly - including the wheel bearing/hub. I checked on RockAuto, and they do not list bolts by application either. May I suggest you go out and remove one bolt, and take it to a hardware store to have it sized (some larger auto parts stores may also have a bolt sizer in the hardware section).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Axle Nut

Actually 35 mm is what fit mine. Thanks again.

I was not able to get my hub off though. I finally got the caliper bracket off and the three bolts that attach the hub, but could not get it off. Even after much beating and banging with a hammer, and soaking everything down with Kroil, it would not budge. Too rusty! I tried a hub puller, but there is nothing solid for the center screw to push against. I finally gave up and am taking it to a mechanic tomorrow. :( Oh well, it's only money. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts