Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Dakota 3.9 and am pretty sure I have a bad fuel check valve. I just had a new fuel pump installed about four months ago so am not going to have the pump pulled again. I plan to install an inline check valve. Now I'm puzzled about the fuel lines. I have a service manual that states all models use a return system, then it says a separate return line is no longer used. How can fuel be returned without a separate return line? It can't go backward while it's going forward.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have a 94 Dakota 3.9 and am pretty sure I have a bad fuel check valve. I just had a new fuel pump installed about four months ago so am not going to have the pump pulled again. I plan to install an inline check valve. Now I'm puzzled about the fuel lines. I have a service manual that states all models use a return system, then it says a separate return line is no longer used. How can fuel be returned without a separate return line? It can't go backward while it's going forward.
Because you're looking at a Chilton's or Haynes, not the factory service manual.

For 1994, the Dakotas swapped to a "returnless" design; the regulator is in the fuel pump assembly, not at the motor.

The fuel check valve is also in the fuel pump assembly, so ...

RwP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts