Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Dakota LE 5.2 318 4x4 with 77,0000 miles on it and I have had it for 2 months running perfect (kinda low on power for a V8) prior to me getting it it sat for 10 years and the 2nd owner said he whipped it in to shape (no clue what he did) I noticed yesterday that it was kind of surging when I I let it sit for a few hours and it was fine and this morning when I crank it up 70F outside btw it would not shift out of first until I released and reapplied the throttle and 2 times in the last couple days if I decelerate at a high rate of speed it just shuts off until I put in neutral and restart which it does immediately . Tonight I came home and left and hour later and misfiring again and sounds like it is bogging out but catches up speed and runs great the only thing done to it is a brand new Borla Dual exhaust system and new 31" tires oil and coolant and tranny fluid are at perfect levels as they should be for my mimiage and I have no leaks except my rear axle. Does this sound like a TPS or speed sensor problem or what ?:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts