Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2004 3.7 V6 Quad Cab 2WD and have never received any more than 22 MPG (Canadian) New rating said 30 MPG highwy and 20 in city. Complained to dealer for the 1st year or so and they said all electronic's were set to factory setting. Anyone out there got any better?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the same engine in my truck and it's on factory size tires with 3.92 gears. I live in the mountains and typically get 14-15 mpg. If you're getting 22 mpg, you're doing good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I bought a 2003 Quad Cab with the 5.9 V8 4WD and as I live in the city I could not keep gas in it. I liked the truck so I decided to buy a new 2004 Quad Cab, this time with a V6 and only 2WD. I had never owned a 4WD before the 2003 so I thought I could get away with out 4WD and would be cheaper to run.
I know that the gas mileage test results are done as they say "under ideal conditions" but 30% less was a bit much I thought
RamTech where do you live? If you are in the US you have to realize that the Canadian gallon is 160 oz compared to 128 or 132 oz

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm in the U.S. and you're right. I didn't account for the difference. Regardless, the 3.7 mileage really isn't much of an improvement over the 4.7, 5.2 or 5.9 engines. By comparison, a friend with the 4.7 engine in his '04 Dakota gets about the same mileage as mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
22mpg is sweet my 4.7 Dak average about 14-15mpg 60hwy% 40city% driving. I saw a decent bump im mileage after a cai,programmer and a cat-back exhaust (then I got a bl and 33s and that went far away lol) consider those youll prob see better mpgs and have a sweet truck just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts