Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GForce Performance Chip has anybody used this chip? I just bought a 2006 Dakota quad with ths v8 the best milkeage I have gotten is 16.5 combine freeway and in town. any exhaust recomendations

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us. Not familiar with that chip; Sorry. I have a Flowmaster exhaust setup on my truck, but its a few years older than yours.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! I don't have any experience with the chip, either, but most folks I know run a tuner like Superchips, but it's all a matter of opinion. A good CAI/exhaust and tuner, the trinity of trucks lol, will really net you the most for your money. Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Great people and info here so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! I wouldn't use a chip, it just tricks the computer where a tuner actually reprograms it, which in my opinion is a better setup.

like Ev says, my truck is a bit older and im not sure what would work good on the newer Dakotas but im sure anything other than stock will be an improvement!

·
Registered
1 Posts
question is there a way .I acn get my 89 3.9 to run on reg gas. the one time I did it sounded like it was going to throw a rod out the top

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
what do you mean? what are you putting in it now? if you are using 93 octane because your engine pings when using 89 or 87 then something is wrong. i would think the 3.9 would run fine on 87 unless you have changed the timing on it. my 5.9 runs on 87, would it do better on 93?...probably but why use it if it doesnt need it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am testing the G force chip on my 2007 3.7 right now but due to the cold weather up here and the fact that my drive to work is only 4 kilometers the engine does not warm up enough to put the computer into closed loop.I have no problem having a sensor lie to the computer.My truck is still under warranty so I imagine the manufacturer would probably have an issue with a computer reprogram.In the summer on my annual fishing trip pulling a 14 foot boat I did get 29 mpg so I am hoping the Gforce chip will improve on that.I am also trying the E3 sparkplugs.I just put them in and filled the tank so it will be a couple of weeks before I will know.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I am testing the G force chip on my 2007 3.7 right now but due to the cold weather up here and the fact that my drive to work is only 4 kilometers the engine does not warm up enough to put the computer into closed loop.I have no problem having a sensor lie to the computer.My truck is still under warranty so I imagine the manufacturer would probably have an issue with a computer reprogram.In the summer on my annual fishing trip pulling a 14 foot boat I did get 29 mpg so I am hoping the Gforce chip will improve on that.I am also trying the E3 sparkplugs.I just put them in and filled the tank so it will be a couple of weeks before I will know.
good luck! let us know

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far so good.The last fillup gave me 17 mpg in city only.That is in Canadian gallons so it would be less in American gallons.I also use 89 octane fuel with no ethanol.Highway driving should be better as well.I was getting 14 mpg before.I hope the next fillup does as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts