Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i probably dont get the worse gas mileage around here but here in NC its up to 3.50 a gallon, i get around 14-15 mpg, and drive almost 60 miles per day round trip to work, with a 22 gallon tank (fill up right around 20). that puts me at about 70 bucks a week just for gas! 280 a month! YIKES!!!!

luckily i have a superchips tuner and did the 87 octane tune, supposed to save gas. my first tank after the tune, not sure how many miles i went. had to unhook the battery a couple of times and that clears the trip odometer, on my second tank this week so i will see if it got any better

whats everyone else spending on gas and any tips on saving fuel?

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Gas is $3.38 here....I just don't go anywhere extra and when I do I will have to start using Dad's toaster :(

I am trying not to drag race everyone off the line but it is hard to drive the speed limit!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
We're between $3.35 - $3.39 ourselves. You can bet that I don't drive the GTX anywhere for now too. That sucker guzzles, just to fire it up and bring it up to temp. (which is most all I do to it for now) :(

·
Registered
842 Posts
We are up to about $3.45 or so and I saw one that was $3.19! So, today, I was in need of gas and stopped by there! Yeah, it IS $3.19 a gallon FOR REGULAR 87 OCTANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Charger is setup with the Predator, for 91 Octane! I was pretty desperate on the need of gas, so I put $20 worth in there and will top it off with 91 Octane. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, you know, you get what you pay for. its up to 3.53 here but there is a station selling reg for 3.41, but i wont buy it, probably watered down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts