Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was pleasantly surprised when peeking under this truck and counted 12 bolts. i am assuming it is the 9.25. also in the glove box says 3.55 anti-slip and assuming that is a trac-lok. did not come with a owners manual but did find a repair manual online it says 75w90 is required.

from what i have seen on line the "MIL-L-2105C and API GL 5" mopar brand is synthetic. would this be correct and did a 2001 dakota come with synthetic gear oil?

does the mopar limited slip additive mix well with synthetic or would conventional be better option?

occasionally the truck might squat from home depot to home should i go with 75w140?

have never used synthetic for anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used 75W-140

I finally changed the rear differential fluid in my 2004 RWD (with limited-slip) at about 13 years/130,000 miles (I am the original owner).

I put 75W-140 with the Mopar limited slip fluid. The Mopar fluid is expensive. The gear oil claimed to already have the limited slip fluid in there. My understanding is that I would have been fine either way.

So if you are really pinched for money, go the least expensive option. If you have 75W-90 laying around, use that.

If you have the money and are cheap (like me), you won't hurt anything with the 75W-140.

Just one man's opinion; I hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts