Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Last year I bought a 1997 Dakota club cab sport 4x4 with the 3.9. It had already been lifted 3 inches with new torsion keys and blocks. The original owner gave me the original torsion keys when i purchased the truck. I am getting ready to order the Tuff Country 5.5 inch suspension lift and have a question.
My question is this. When I start the new lift kit I believe I will need to put the original keys back in. Do I just put them back in? Ive read that there is an adjustment screw to "dial in" the right amount of torsion. Is that something I do after the install is complete or does it need to be near factory before the instal. I dont know if anyone has experience with this and Im not able to find a thread on setting torsion keys. I am doing the lift so i thought id start a thread here.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you~

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say you will just have to swap them out. I would think that yours are not cranked all the way up since it has the lift keys in it. I would just swap them out, do the lift, and see how it rides. If it rides rough, adjust them down some. Just make sure you get them where you want them as far as ride height and ride smoothness before you get an alignment done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts