Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about letting us know what size tires and wheels you all are running and still got good clearance? Like to see some Disc Brake Conversions Too, if ya got em! ;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i have stock drum brakes on the back, would like to do a disc conversion at some time. i have oversized tires on mine as well, 275/50R17 instead of the stock 255/55R17 so no change in clearance, but being this is an R/T, its lowered a bit already :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go to SSBC.com They have rear disc conversions for the early dakotas like ours. their about $850. Ouch. Or i saw a write up on a jeep forum for a do it your self deal. ill try and find it and post it up here.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to SSBC.com They have rear disc conversions for the early dakotas like ours. their about $850. Ouch. Or i saw a write up on a jeep forum for a do it your self deal. ill try and find it and post it up here.

Be cool to see the "Do It Yourself" article. Good to know thtere is stuff like that out there. Awhile back, I was talking over on another forum and he put me onto a place that did Disc brake conversions on the older cars, like my '69 Plymouth GTX (which, BTW, has nonpower Drum rakes all the way round and THAT ain't good) That place will sell you the whole nin yards for the GTX setup or give you a list that tells what model cars had which parts that you need and you can get most of THOSE parts from the wrecking yard. Be cool to see something like that for the Dakotas.;)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
its ssbrakes.com :) ssbc.com is a little league basbel club

thanks for that info though, its good to know its not that expensive

·
Registered
133 Posts
someone should donate a set of disc brakes to me. just a thought. lol

http://www.ssbrakes.com/ They changed the name. if you type it in it still comes up. lol i like baseball though

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
im needing new brakes again already myself!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts