Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Mopar or aftermarket offers a honeycomb grill insert (similar to below) for the 2nd Gen (1999 specifically) Dakota?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Does anyone know if Mopar or aftermarket offers a honeycomb grill insert (similar to below) for the 2nd Gen (1999 specifically) Dakota?

Like to help you out EV but I'm pretty new to the Dakota thing myself and will have to leave this one for the ones in the know. :(

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like to help you out EV but I'm pretty new to the Dakota thing myself and will have to leave this one for the ones in the know. :(
Thanks, Bro. Hopefully we will be learning together.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks, Bro. Hopefully we will be learning together.:)

There ya go. ;) At least there IS more out there for the end Generation and that should help. Now, IF I DO ruin across something, while looking for 1st Generation stuff, I'll be sure and post it up.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
LOL Ev, you and i are too much alike, i want the same look on my dakota, just like i want my charger to look like yours

i know there are mesh grille inserts out there but i have yet to find a Dakota script badge. i have seen others put on the same R/T badge they make for the Charger and paint it to match the body color, i was thinking of doing that

check these places out myhotdakota.com or autotrucktoys.com

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL Ev, you and i are too much alike, i want the same look on my dakota, just like i want my charger to look like yours

i know there are mesh grille inserts out there but i have yet to find a Dakota script badge. i have seen others put on the same R/T badge they make for the Charger and paint it to match the body color, i was thinking of doing that

check these places out myhotdakota.com or autotrucktoys.com
Thanks, Jerry. Great minds think alike.:) I was already contemplating getting the R/T badges from a Charger or a Chally then finding a way to color-match the insides (lettering).

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
yeah i dont think they are too hard to paint

·
Registered
842 Posts
yeah i dont think they are too hard to paint

Naw, it's not a problem to paint the insert of it. I wanted one for the front of my R/T and didn't want to leave it as it was and get folks to thinking I was "Upbadging" and I liked it black anyway. Got another one and did the same for the back. Looks alot better, I think. ;)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Naw, it's not a problem to paint the insert of it. I wanted one for the front of my R/T and didn't want to leave it as it was and get folks to thinking I was "Upbadging" and I liked it black anyway. Got another one and did the same for the back. Looks alot better, I think. ;)

I agree. I love your theme also. I have a set of front and rears that were made in black and have vinyl inserts the same color as my stripes on my Charger. I may have to have the guy change that up for me.:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I agree. I love your theme also. I have a set of front and rears that were made in black and have vinyl inserts the same color as my stripes on my Charger. I may have to have the guy change that up for me.:)
Thanks for the compliment! I hated the original R/T emblem that was on the back and always thought they should have put one on the front, so I did it for them. Funny thing about my Theme, I have had several people say that they never heard of the Indian R/T and I smile and say that it's because Dodge didn't do it, I did. :) Still got a ways to go with that one too. Now though, it has to share the time and mods with the Dakota. ;)

God Luck with YOUR Dakota! :cool:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliment! I hated the original R/T emblem that was on the back and always thought they should have put one on the front, so I did it for them. Funny thing about my Theme, I have had several people say that they never heard of the Indian R/T and I smile and say that it's because Dodge didn't do it, I did. :) Still got a ways to go with that one too. Now though, it has to share the time and mods with the Dakota. ;)

God Luck with YOUR Dakota! :cool:
Thanks! When I look at your Indian theme I think fondly of my Dad who owned an Indian motorcycle many years ago (and before my time). He passed away when I was 12.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks! When I look at your Indian theme I think fondly of my Dad who owned an Indian motorcycle many years ago (and before my time). He passed away when I was 12.

I can well appreciate that EV. My Granddad started his Indian Dealership back in 1932 and when my Dad quit High School in the 1st year, my Granddad put him to working with him and the shop was active (with several other franchises, of course) until he passed away in Dec 1968. I was practically born on an Indian, as my parents only had my Dad's Indian 871 (Military model that he "civilianized" for a little while. Yeah, I've got a pretty good connection to the old Indian's as well. ;) Glad I helped with those fond memories too. ;)

Forgot to say, I've got some pretty good stories AND some pictures of the old Indians and my Granddad's Shop.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like the look of this grill. Anyone know who makes this? I also like the look of a roll pan.

Like these stripes...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I really like the look of this grill. Anyone know who makes this? I also like the look of a roll pan.

Like these stripes...

Definitely some FINE Examples Of Dakotas there! No clue on the Grill or where the Stripes cam from though, sorry.

Probably gonna have to do something custom on mine, as there just isn't much out there for 1st Generation Dakotas. Good luck with your search. I've seen the rear roll pans though. Just can't remember exactly where, maybe on ebay, but somewhere else also.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
havent seen that body kit before either, but there are plenty out there. love the chrome wheels, need to find me a set of those. they were on the 03 r/t only

·
Registered
6 Posts
its no the exact same thing but what i did is i went to the hardware store and i bought some 2 part epoxy and a roll of chicken coupe mesh and it has the same size holes as the picture i cut out the pieces to fit in he bumper and then i painted the inserts black! i mixed the epoxy an then put the inserts in! looks awesome i will have to do a write up on it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts