Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll try to describe it the best I can. So when driving at low speeds especially through like parking lots, the truck will jerk hard when shifting or getting back onto the throttle it will sometimes even hesitate as if something is sticking then letting go.. When coming to a rolling stop, let's say 5 mph, if you then begin to accelerate it jerks harder than ever. All U-joints are good, motor mounts look good, trans fluid is at a good level with no shavings and smells fine and has lucas trans fix in it, motor mounts look good and I just changed the trans mount. A few things I think it can be but aren't sure is, the driver side torsion bar is slightly rubbing on the trans crossmember, the rear sway bar link is missing a bolt (don't think it's been missing long), trans mount has 2 bolts incredibly tight the one bolt is not all the way in but it wouldn't tighten anymore (doesn't budge) and the fourth bolt is barely in and crooked but also doesn't budge. Does anyone PLEASE have any ideas??? I drive this truck hundreds of miles a week so I need to figure this out ASAP!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe exhaust is blocked? Check that as well? Just a guess
Could that cause the whole truck to jerk hard as if you hit a deer or pole? I do have a 2 inch exhaust with an adapter that goes to 2½ inches into my flowmaster super 10, then back down to 2 inch, coukd that be the issue?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never know unless u look! Never had that issue on the truck but the wife’s mustang had a similar issue when we bought it and it was blockage on the aftermarket exhaust that made it so funny things

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I'll try to describe it the best I can. So when driving at low speeds especially through like parking lots, the truck will jerk hard when shifting or getting back onto the throttle it will sometimes even hesitate as if something is sticking then letting go.. When coming to a rolling stop, let's say 5 mph, if you then begin to accelerate it jerks harder than ever. All U-joints are good, motor mounts look good, trans fluid is at a good level with no shavings and smells fine and has lucas trans fix in it, motor mounts look good and I just changed the trans mount. A few things I think it can be but aren't sure is, the driver side torsion bar is slightly rubbing on the trans crossmember, the rear sway bar link is missing a bolt (don't think it's been missing long), trans mount has 2 bolts incredibly tight the one bolt is not all the way in but it wouldn't tighten anymore (doesn't budge) and the fourth bolt is barely in and crooked but also doesn't budge. Does anyone PLEASE have any ideas??? I drive this truck hundreds of miles a week so I need to figure this out ASAP!
When in park and revving the engine does the engine rev smooth with no missing? If not let’s rule out an engine issue.
I have a 2001 and had the same issue. While under warranty dealer could find no problems. Yeah right.
100 miles out of warranty transmission went totally out.
My rebuilder said the planetary gears were bad and had seen the same issue in many Dodges.
That was at a little over 75000 miles.
He rebuilt with a heavy duty kit.
Now at 190000 miles still going strong. And I use the heck out of this truck.
Good luck and please let us know what you find.
Probably need totake a look at the fluid and filter in the tranny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When in park and revving the engine does the engine rev smooth with no missing? If not let’s rule out an engine issue.
I have a 2001 and had the same issue. While under warranty dealer could find no problems. Yeah right.
100 miles out of warranty transmission went totally out.
My rebuilder said the planetary gears were bad and had seen the same issue in many Dodges.
That was at a little over 75000 miles.
He rebuilt with a heavy duty kit.
Now at 190000 miles still going strong. And I use the heck out of this truck.
Good luck and please let us know what you find.
Probably need totake a look at the fluid and filter in the tranny.
I changed the plugs and the problem is alot better but still isn't completely fixed. The engine revs perfectly fine and doesn't really move. The fluid in the tranny looks and smells good with no shavings or anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts