Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to hold ignition for 5-10 seconds before my truck will start. Sometimes I have to do it twice. Once the vehicle starts it runs great. An employee at Advance auto said it sounded like my Fuel pressure regulator, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi i have a 96. my truck sounds like its doing the same thing. I just had tune up and changed the ignition coil to no prevail. when i turn the ignition over it studders for a few. but on second try it usually kick right over and starts. im lookin for help also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
if it is the pressure regulator here is how to replace it on the 93

Removal & Installation

1. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
  2. Relieve the fuel system pressure as previously described.
  3. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
When detached, remove the fuel pressure regulator and discard the gasket
Click to Enlarge
  1. Remove the three screws attaching the pressure regulator to the throttle body. Place a shop towel around the inlet chamber to contain any fuel remaining in the system.
  2. Pull the pressure regulator from the throttle body.
  3. Carefully remove the O-ring from the pressure regulator and remove the gasket.
To install:
  1. Place a new gasket on the pressure regulator and carefully install a new O-ring.
  2. Position the pressure regulator on the throttle body and press it into place.
  3. Install the three screws and tighten them to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
  4. Connect the negative battery cable.
  5. Test for leaks using Mopar® ATM tester C-4805 or equivalent. With the ignition in the RUN position, depress the ATM button. This will activate the pump and pressurize the system. Check for leaks.
  6. Reinstall the air cleaner assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts