Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 dodge Dakota 4.7l 4x4 5 speed manual. My lower ball joints are shot on both sides. I bought the dodge Dakota adapters with a c frame press. There is no ring clip but a ring around the top that has to be bent inward before pressing the joint out. I tried and hammered and pressed, The ball joint will not press out to fall into the adapter. It us in there. Is there any chance that it presses out from the bottom,? Meaning the stud end being pressed up to pull the joint from the top? I pressed the top and it will not budge. Also there is a c ring in a groove on my axle shaft. I pulled hammered and pulled even bough axle popper tools which are too big. I prayed and hammered and ended up cutting the inner joint boot of the shaft to make it easier. I tried again placed vice grips on it, hammered and still no luck! Can anyone help me here? I also thought, may e I should just. Uy the lower control arm with the ball already in it, I pulled the nuts and had to punch the bolts out but decided not to go any further, so I placed the rear. Bolt back through left it loose then went to place the front through, and the holes are not lining up to tap the bolt through and no way to pry to move it, any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts