Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, it is a BLUE Omni!

At least I can see that YOU can see it Stacy. That's good, it's a start. This is an '85 Shelby (Turbo) Charger that I have. Ya see, I like "Blue" as well. The outside is factory looking except for the wheels, which are off of a Daytona (the front wheel drive version made around that period of time) and in fact, this Lil one is putting out about 250hp and capable of being tuned to produce about 300hp, by "dialing in" the camshaft.

Now, let's see how many others can see it as well. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dang, that isn't an Omni?? Maybe I can't see the pic then!!! LOL

Yeah Stacy, the Omni name was on the earlier models (starting in 1979), but then they changed the name to the Charger in 1981 and were built as Chargers until 1987. Carroll Shelby had a hand on the Shelby Chargers til 1987 and he really built about 1000 '87 models, to be special (making them a numbered edition and the baddest ones to come out. Nothing wrong with your eyes, this is just a bit later model than what you are thinking of. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see it as well Bill. Looks like it is in fantastic shape. Do you own it as well. What a collection.

Thanks, good to know that at least Some can see it. It needs a little done, like weather striping, some touch up in a few places and such as that.

Yeah, it's mine. Pretty cool little ride and has been modified quite a bit, for power and handling. When I've gone over it and corrected some things, I thought about doing a photo shoot and post it with details of what's been done to it. The previous owner put some money and effort into making this one RUN.! Said he used to go out and "Spank" Mustangs with it! LOL I WILL say that it is supposed to be pushing about 250hp now and if the cam was "dialed in" by some one who knew what they were doing, it should reach about 300hp output.

Been wanting to have some cool Mopars of my own, for many years and now I have some. Thanks for looking and commenting. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts