Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when i bought the truck almost a year ago the thermostat that was in it was bad but the truck would blow a little heat after getting up to operating temp, so i just decided to put a new thermostat in and then the truck wouldn't warm up at all and would only blow cold air, and the temp gauge barely moved.. so i bought another thermostat and sort of the same problem. the truck takes ages to warm up when its cold out and according to the temp gauge its not warming up to normal operating temp and the truck does blow warm air but not as hot as it should. i have checked the coolant and flushed out the heater core and all that and it seemed fine but the truck should heat up more and blow hotter air.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How are the radiator hoses? Hot? I suspect both the temp sensor and also the heater core. Search heater core on this board. It is a known issue. But you may be fooled by a low temp sensor as well. Aside from gauges, is the engine hot? Radiator hoses, general "feel" around the engine after running for a while?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah after it warms up the radiator hoses are hot to the touch, i thought maybe a temperature sensor but wasn't sure if it was or not.. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts