Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

I have visited this site a few times to get some simple questions and fixes and finally decided to join. I have a first generation Dakota and I loved driving it, I don't drive it anymore since the upper control arm bent and I couldn't find a replacement. I have decided a few days ago that it will be my project truck, nothing to fancy, really, just gonna convert it into a manual transmission, gut the interior and only keep the driver seat.

I'm hoping I can answer some of your questions down the road and give some feedback, thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey! Welcome... I myself am new to the forum and dodge in general. I think its cool you're going to do the manual conversion, not enough manual trucks out there anymore! I have a 3rd Gen with a manual. You'll think I'm crazy but I'm scheming on converting it from rwd to 4wd.... On third gens it seems too easy to pass up.

Look forward to hearing about your conversion!

Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! Welcome... I myself am new to the forum and dodge in general. I think its cool you're going to do the manual conversion, not enough manual trucks out there anymore! I have a 3rd Gen with a manual. You'll think I'm crazy but I'm scheming on converting it from rwd to 4wd.... On third gens it seems too easy to pass up.

Look forward to hearing about your conversion!

Jon
It wont be a quick process , I am working on making a game plan to tackle the most needed things first like the suspension, and motor, she ain't ran in three years. I already gutted her to redo the interior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts