Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, bought my truck back in May of this year, have been fixing her up gradually to what she is today.

trucks a 1998 R/T
everything that is not stock was done by me, clear depo headlights, street scene gen1 roll pan (needs paint still), chin spoiler,rims painted gloss black, along with a few other goodies and such:rolleyes:
headers and CAI
some of you may have seen me on a few other forums.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

Nice truck!
Where did you get the chin spolier? What brand of headers did you go with?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!
the chin spoiler is a 69' camaro reproduction chin spoiler that a few guys have been putting on their R/T's. check out goodmark industries if you're looking for a quality piece.
not sure on what broand the headers are as they were already on the truck when i bought it, they are mid lengths from what i can tell though
thanks again

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
the chin spoiler is a 69' camaro reproduction chin spoiler that a few guys have been putting on their R/T's. check out goodmark industries if you're looking for a quality piece.
Great info. Many thanks!
I've seen it on several truck on other forums, but didn't know where it came from.

Did you do the drop on your truck? I'm considering dropping mine too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey, no problemo
techincally no, but i like to think i did, because the guy i bought it off of insisted it was stock height lol
i believe its droped about 2 inches or so all around.
i still need a little shorter tire to complete the look, thinking 255/50's or 275/40's but they may be too small. its got 235/65r17's on it right now, really ruins the look i think.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
hey, no problemo
techincally no, but i like to think i did, because the guy i bought it off of insisted it was stock height lol
i believe its droped about 2 inches or so all around.
i still need a little shorter tire to complete the look, thinking 255/50's or 275/40's but they may be too small. its got 235/65r17's on it right now, really ruins the look i think.
That's cool. I think it looks good.

I've been running 275/50-17 Nittos since January 2011. They ride really good and I'm very pleased with them. As you can tell my truk has not yet been dropped.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a nice truck you got there, always loved the IB, my dad and brother each have an IB ram ones 4x4 360 and ones just a 2wd 318
the stock height looks alright on it, but a lowered dak ALWAYS looks great!
what exhaust are you running?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
thats a nice truck you got there, always loved the IB, my dad and brother each have an IB ram ones 4x4 360 and ones just a 2wd 318
the stock height looks alright on it, but a lowered dak ALWAYS looks great!
what exhaust are you running?
Thanks!

It's the OEM downpipes that lead into the dual inlet/single outlet cat followed by a Flowmaster 50 series single inlet/dual outlet muffler into dual tailpipes. I'm hoping to add shorty headers soon. I may do true duals in the future. I like the Spintech system, but it is pricey.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah the whole spintech side exit system is pricey, but if you can, bend up your own pipes to go over the frame railas and just buy a spintech muffler.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol low-n-go?
or slade?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
sorry for the late welcome! nice R/T you have there!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahah no problem
thanks alot!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts