Dakota Forumz banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sent it to a shop to have the two (came with truck) 02 upper sensors replaced.
All was good for a few miles, then the light came on again. This time a new code PO154.
Took it back and he thinks it could be the ecm or other.
Note))) the lower 02's haven't been replaced yet, not sure how old they are.
He referred me to another diagnostic place that could get more in depth. Said it could be as simple as a broken wire or worse .
Hope I don't have to sell this truck.
Lets hear your input.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sent it to a shop to have the two (came with truck) 02 upper sensors replaced.
All was good for a few miles, then the light came on again. This time a new code PO154.
Took it back and he thinks it could be the ecm or other.
Note))) the lower 02's haven't been replaced yet, not sure how old they are.
He referred me to another diagnostic place that could get more in depth. Said it could be as simple as a broken wire or worse .
Hope I don't have to sell this truck.
Lets hear your input.
Check this all out.
Dodge Dakota P0155: O2 Sensor – Heating Element Failed (Bank 2 – Sensor 1) | Drivetrain Resource

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you sure the two sensors that came with the truck for the upper O2.
If they are in the wrong location they will most likely send a code.

·
Registered
81 Posts
And the code you are getting is for the passengers side located before the Converter.
I don’t think those O2 sensors are real expensive. I would leave the rear ones alone for now.
Change the Passenger front with a known new correct sensor.
If it trips a code again. Label the sensor you removed and save it.
Then look for other causes.
But..... If it works without tripping the code throw the removed sensor away. Far away.
This is all just a suggestion. You should be able to get under the truck and easily change it out since it has been recently replaced.
Just make sure it’s cooled down completely.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also: while your under there check the wiring harness as far up as possible looking for burnt or rubbed wires that may be grounding out somewhere.
I doubt that is your problem tho.
Based on your comments you say when the code is cleared you have to drive it a while before the code appears.
If this is shortly after you start it and the code appears it may be a bad wire or plug. If it takes a while for the code to appear then it’s most likely the O2 sensor.
Please keep us informed on your findings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Today I swapped out the upper pass side o2 sensor and drove it, then I had bucking at light throttle then a few miles later the light came back on but drove great. PO132 . I cleared it and drove home, didn't come back on yet.

Im guessing the new sensors the previous owner gave me were wrong cause it looked different than the one I put in.
Pic is the one I pulled out, looks skinnier.

Looks like cheap Amazon parts after looking up the part numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's been a few days and so far no light.

Pic::;;New sensor at the bottom (cap next to) .

Maybe now I can start fixing the upholstery, since it's what I do for a living.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts