Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm looking to install headers but what about the sensor behind the cat. will I need to install 2 catalitics or can I by pass it without computer issues. Second, is there a kit for total duel exhaust? Third, will I need to get different shocks if I raise the truck up 2 inches.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome!!

i'm looking to get headers as well, but you can use the stock Y pipe so no need to worry about cats or the sensor unless you want to do the true dual and yeah there are kits out there or you can do your own.

and if you lift is i would think you need new shocks, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the true dual exhaust on my 4.7, but its more of a custom deal. A friend of mine has shop so every thing was done on a bender except the purchase parts like headers, cats, tips. The shocks depends on how you lift, suspension or body. I have my torsion bars cranked all the way up and still use the stock size shock but they are fox shocks

·
Registered
6 Posts
i know of a couple small things. i have the jet proformance chip, 180 degrees thermo freeflowing intake and exhust i think i have found a lead for new cams. but i have to further research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts