Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding adding doorlock actuators to my 2001 Dodge Dakota. I have an older generation with a base CTM located in the glove box compartment no power door lock relays. My question is where do I tie in the wire coming off of pin 86 (alarm lock output) and pin 85 (alarm unlock output)? Note: This question is assuming I am using the correct relay diagram. If not, please advise. Attached are pics of the keyless alarm and relay diagram I am using. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
923 Posts
Are the door lock actuators and the relays the only components that came with kit you got? I assume, since you referred to it, that there is some type of keyless switch that you're trying to set it up with. If that is the case, you need the receiver for the keyless switch also. The two wires you reference, 85 and 86, are the connections to actuate the lock function and the unlock function through the relays. So you need a receiver (which in the OEM setup is the CTM) to receive the signal from the keyless switch (fob) and send the appropriate open/close signal to the relays.
If you are not using a keyless switch, you only need a switch that will ground either pin 85 (to lock the door) or pin 86 (to unlock the door), or vice versa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the door lock actuators and the relays the only components that came with kit you got? I assume, since you referred to it, that there is some type of keyless switch that you're trying to set it up with. If that is the case, you need the receiver for the keyless switch also. The two wires you reference, 85 and 86, are the connections to actuate the lock function and the unlock function through the relays. So you need a receiver (which in the OEM setup is the CTM) to receive the signal from the keyless switch (fob) and send the appropriate open/close signal to the relays.
If you are not using a keyless switch, you only need a switch that will ground either pin 85 (to lock the door) or pin 86 (to unlock the door), or vice versa.
Thank you for your response. I actually did not buy a kit and purchased my doorlock actuators, relays, lock/unlock switch (for driver door), and keyless alarm separately. I did determine I posted the wrong relay diagram that I should be using and will attach it here for reference. I will also attach a diagram for a different keyless entry manufacturer but with the same diagram I am using as it is much more clear. I believe if I wire as shown I will have no issues

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport, club cab, 3.9L V6, 5 speed manual
923 Posts
The wiring diagrams from the FSM will be of no use here, since the base model does not have power door locks or keyless entry. The only difference between the two relay diagrams is the labeling of the wires attached to pins 85 and 86 of the relays. I guess the only way to see if it will work is to try it before you do the final soldering or crimping of the connections. Once it performs as expected, go ahead and make the connections permanent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts