Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aguired a 2002 Dakota 3.9l slt for $600 after a good once over I found that there is a no bus msg on the odometer! Now I replaced the connector to the speed selector sensor and repaired the wires to the transmission wire harness externally and replaced computers twice got the same thing after a couple days checking fuses and relays the message went away and tried to start but I shut things up satisfied I was one step closer to driving it when the next few days I went back to try to start it again the message was back and no fuel pump sound I replaced the crankpos sens and the wiring harness and still no bus what sets the no bus message if anyone has had this issue please shine some light on me my reputation is at stake my girlfriend is starting to doubt my knowledge of mechanic work! The pcms are from identical vehicles to the letter almost! I'd pull all my hair out if I weren't bald already!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
NO BUS is that the bus between modules is not communicating.

This can be anything ON the bus.

Can even be a wiring harness failure.

RwP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I feel like a fool (update) tonight I did do another shake test on the block type fuses and did find one that rattled and failed the voltmeter check and the no bus is finally gone but I still be don't have spark! Any idea of where to check it's got a new crank pos sensor also!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(UPDATE) did a coil check ckp sensor and cmp sensor check as well as IAC valve throttle POS sensor and battery temp sensor and MAP sensor checks and they're showing 5 volts however the coil is showing .1 volt no power but the coil specs say primary and secondary readings should be 0.95ohms for the diamond version of the mfg companies coil so that's good it showed .75 ohms And now I am at a stand still! I want to get this truck on the road proving myself! Come on y'alls ideas are welcome please! TIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts