Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard this hissing sound and traced it to a nipple on the passenger side of the intake manifold just below the hose going to the PCV valve.

According to the vacuum diagram, and ruling out other lines coming off the intake, I believe it is the one listed as:
TO CLIMATE CONTROL, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL, 4X4 AXLE(WHEN EQUIPED)

This means nothing to me as far as where it's physically supposed to be connected to.

I found what might be a broken off plastic nipple on the back of the thing the cruise control throttle cable comes out of, but I'm not really sure if that's what it even is.

Could anyone tell/show me where it should connect to? Can I do it with bulk vacuum hose or is it a special one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I cover it with my finger the engine dies. Haven't tried starting it with it capped, but I'm pretty sure it should be connected to something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but yes, it hooks up to the climate control dial and the AC system. On my engine, it goes like this:

Nipple -> 90 degree elbow -> 2-way splitter

One branch of the splitter is 5/32" vacuum line through the engine compartment to a rubber bung in the firewall and then to the central nipple on the climate control dial.
The other branch runs up and around to the AC system. I can't see the hookup there because of too many parts in the way.

I understand that if you are equipped with 4x4, it will also split off to control that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts