Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions:

1. What cams come in the 06 Dakota Sport with the 4.7 H.O.? (lift, duration,etc...)

2. Has anyone else had to replace the valve seals already and what is the easiest way to do this?

3. What is the best company to get a cam and programmer package in order to upgrade after the valve seal swap?

I appreciate any advice or help with these matters. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
not sure as i dont have a newer model, what have you found out by searching Google?

is you truck still under warranty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent been able to find anything. I did talk to KRC and they said something about a regrind cam setup with a 202 lift and duration, but I was just wondering what the stock H.O. cam was to ensure that I am not going to be buying what I already have. They also said that I would have to purchase a programmer in order for the truck to even run.

·
Registered
115 Posts
if you are going custom engine go with a SCT tune they can tune them based on everything you get done to your truck so it is your truck spacific not a base line tune for all stock engines

ive heard a lot of good things about this and you can purchace unlimited tunes to have your tuner retuned as needed for future mods like say you shave your deck or your heads .030 you can retune for the increased compression and everything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts