Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Justin and I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if i do something wrong. But I have a 1996 dodge dakota and i bought it with about 96000 miles on it and I've notice when its cold out and start up my truck it has a hard time shifting into second and third but after 3 it has no problem. It only does this when its cold, once the engine has warmed up i have no problems. Is there any reason for this and is there a way to fix it? Hopefully someone can help me thanks.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! i posted a reply in your other thread specific to your issue

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sorry to hear about your problem, but lots of great people and info here so good luck! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Any help you need, feel free to ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
15 Posts
Justin, I have the same truck configuration, but a 1998 Dakota Sport. Living in New England, I have started my truck on a bunch of cold mornings. I always let it warm for about one minute and have had no problems similar to yours. One thing I know for sure is if you are not using the truck very much in the winter you should continue to start the vehicle often and it will run better always. Mine has 69k miles-not all that many-I think
Good Luck, Stan

·
Registered
15 Posts
I certainly agreee with changing the transmission fluid-does it have the full 96,000 miles on it? I think there is a filter there as well worth changing.

Let us know if this helps.

Good Luck, Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts