Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading up on doing this and ive finally decided to do it.
I currently have a 1995 3.9 Dak and i want to drop a 5.2 Dak Motor into it.
I want the 5.2 because i would like to keep the O/D.
Anyhow...
1. Will it bolt right in?
2. Will the trans bolt to the 5.2 i believe it's the stock a500?
3. What other parts do i need to complete this task?

I really don't know what all to ask about this. It will be my first time doing this on my own. Ive helped my dad etc with chevy motors and what not.
If anyone knows what all ill need and what all will and will not bolt up your help will be very appreciated! Ty very much and i'm glad i found this site!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Myself, I don't really know what to tell you, but surely someone WITH the answers you seek, will pop in and help you out. I wouldn't THINK that it would be much of an issue personally, but I don't know exactly what would be involved. I DO know that you'd need the computer for the 5.2, for sure (if you hadn't already guessed that). In the mean time, I will check around and see if I can find anything for you.MadMopar dropped A 360 in HIS, but I think he eliminated alot of stuff and made it more like it would be before EFI and such. Later On, Bill;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bill! I'm really looking foward to doing this asap. Just need someone who knows what to do and can guide me threw it all!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks bill! I'm really looking foward to doing this asap. Just need someone who knows what to do and can guide me threw it all!
Not a Problem at all, I wish I personally had the answers for you, but I am new to the Dakotas AND the newer Mopars. I'm more familiar with those like the '69 Plymouth GTX that I have, sorry.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It should be a fairly easy swap. Im not sure but i think the motor mounts are the same and you should really only need the computer for the v8. everything else should work out just fine. the fan shroud will be different but you can just cut yours down to make it fit. the v6 fan shroud is wider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It should be a fairly easy swap. Im not sure but i think the motor mounts are the same and you should really only need the computer for the v8. everything else should work out just fine. the fan shroud will be different but you can just cut yours down to make it fit. the v6 fan shroud is wider.
Ty so much man! I love you for this - no **** lol..
Anyone else know anything please lmk :)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts