Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My '04 Dakota V8 4.7 4x4 with 180k miles has been "sputtering" lately - particularly going uphill and on gradual acceleration. It's like it either doesn't want to accelerate or it feels like I'm off-roading because it's sputtering so badly. Once I get to my deisred speed, it runs more smoothly. The truck is well maintained, but obviously there's something that needs attention - I just don't know what that might be with the symptoms.Plugs and coil packs are relatively new and the transmission was recently service. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome dakotagirl!

how long has this been happening? maybe try a better or different gas, maybe a fuel additive or injector cleaner?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us. I concur with the advice already given.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with my V6 when i bought it last week. (165000KM)
I put Seafoam in the gas(stronger dose that recommended)
The oil had just been changed(and was a nice golden color), but i'm a big fan of Synthetic, so i poured some seafoam in the engin oil(followed their "Crankcase" dose). Changed the oil about 120KM later, the oil came out BLACK!!! Looked like it had been in for 5000+Km.
Changed the spark plugs, and air filter, and now it Purrs like a Kitten!

I've seen lots of people hav this problem, so if you belong to other forums asking this same question, Please pass this on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts