Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
may want to double check if they are street legal in your area first. would hate to do all that work just to get a ticket the first night out haha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
opt7 kit off of amazon. I've installed a lot of kits and they are the best I've ever installed. comes with everything you would need and is cheap!! customer support is awsome too. my only advice is to get a 35 watt kit so you don't completely blind everyone and possibly adjust the beams down.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I want to put pink HIDs in my '01 Dakota but I have no idea where to even begin or what to buy. HELP !!
Is this a show truck, or a driver?

If a driver, first thing to do is to make sure you've got a big enough wallet - pink is illegal on the street.

Matter of fact, white or amber is all that's permitted except for emergency vehicles. Pink is NOT mentioned, but since the FMVSS 104 states the colors permitted, you don't get a by on that either.

Show truck - Ebay. Won't matter how well it aims or how good it does lighting the road up, it'll be for show, right?

RwP

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went down to my car audio place in Seattle and bought my HIDs there they cost me $100 for the low set of 8000 K's. Trust me you don't need high beams with HIDs so don't let anybody talk you into buying the highs because it's a lot more money. But mine are The Bluest headlights on the road and you can see for miles but it was a pain in the ass installing them because I had to put another light in there as a relay I think it was just to make my HIDs work. But it was well worth it. I would definitely check out Ebay they have all kinds of hid sets for good prices. Maybe if you don't buy pink ones you could buy pink lighting and install them inside your headlight casing and just have a switch for it. That's what my buddy did on his Jeep with red LEDs and it looks killer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts