Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Dakota 3.9 2wd. Watching TV the other night and the Horn Just Started Blowing. Checked it out and everything looked fine. Battery fully charged. Never had an issue with the horn. Seems fine now. ??

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
855 Posts
Dan, I don't know if this is applicable to yours or not, but I'll throw itout there justin case. I've never had an '89, but going way way back, I had a '78 Dodge Diplomat and the same thing happened to me. As I remember, there was foam inside the horn section of the steering wheel that just wore thin & then wore out and ccreated inadvertent contact. Your '89 may not be at all like that, but maybe take a look at it & see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dan, I don't know if this is applicable to yours or not, but I'll throw itout there justin case. I've never had an '89, but going way way back, I had a '78 Dodge Diplomat and the same thing happened to me. As I remember, there was foam inside the horn section of the steering wheel that just wore thin & then wore out and ccreated inadvertent contact. Your '89 may not be at all like that, but maybe take a look at it & see.
(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts