Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In driving my truck on Sunday, I noticed that even with the carpet (with thicker than OEM padding) back in the truck there seems to be a great deal of heat coming up through the floorboard particularly near the area just forward of and in between the seats. Its also noticeable on the passenger side (I believe that is over the cat). I'm wondering if I'm missing a heat shield? I'm considering putting some heat shield type insulation under the cab in these areas to help deflect some of the heat.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?

·
Registered
842 Posts
In driving my truck on Sunday, I noticed that even with the carpet (with thicker than OEM padding) back in the truck there seems to be a great deal of heat coming up through the floorboard particularly near the area just forward of and in between the seats. Its also noticeable on the passenger side (I believe that is over the cat). I'm wondering if I'm missing a heat shield? I'm considering putting some heat shield type insulation under the cab in these areas to help deflect some of the heat.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?
That could very well be, that you might be missing a heat shield. Hope that cat isn't starting to go bad and starting to close off the inside so you don't get a good exhaust flow. Those 2 things are all I can offer.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
you didnt notice it before you put the new carpet in?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did. I just assumed it would be better once the carpet was back inside. I didn't drive it enough before I took out the old nasty carpet to know if its been that way all along.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
then yeah i would say maybe a missing heat shield. i'll see if i can see something under mine today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts