Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V10 for the win!!!
LOL That WOULD be impressive, but there are a few things stopping me from going that far. Like, for starters, $1300 for the Eng/Trans/ Accessories. Then the work it would take to put it in there SAFELY. :eek:

Have to say that it WOULD to see the "Shocking" affect that it would have, when folks would see ALL of THAT under the hood! :D

I AM working on an Impressive setup, but not quite THAT much. It WOULD be cool to be able to drop a 5.7 or 6.1L HEMI in there, but can't afford THAT either. :(

Now, YOU could do one first and show ME how it's done. ;) Kidding! LOL

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would a Viper engine even fit in a Dakota?

Not sure. Though, it seems like someone has mentioned one. I CAN tell you that the V10 is about 9" longer than a 360 and in fact, was based on a 360 with 2 more cylinders added. I found that in Wikipedia I believe.

Don't matter to me, cause I'm not going there, takes too much money and mods. :eek:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, im sure it does!!

For the cost of the V10 engine and trans that I found for $1300, I could buy a 440/727, warm it up a bit AND nearly install it for around that much (depending , of course, on how much of my own fabricating I was able to do. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats a 383, unless you linked the wrong video. that dash is killer though!

Well, no I posted the video I was intending to. It was listed as a Big Block Dakota and I took for granted that it was a 440. But after your comment. I went back and looked. While I didn't see the protrusion on top if the block, where the engine size is stamped, I DID see that there was a full valley cover nder the intake and the 383 that I have had, did not have room under the intake for the full valley cover, while the Raised Deck Big Block (413, 426 & 440 did). What are you seeing that tells you it's a 383?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the guys name on youtube is filbert383 and he states its a 383 big block in his description :)

Oh, ok, I hadn't even notice the name, guess I did get past looking at the truck itself and, in my mind, seeing mine. :rolleyes: So, where can I go to see just what all that he or anyone else who has dropped a big block Mopar engine in there? :confused: I want to find out all that I can about those. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the 2003 Mopar Nats. I saw a 93 Dakota with a 471 Hemi in it. Looked like it belonged there.

Whoa! Wish you had pictures, I'd love to see that! ;) I thought a 440 would really fill it up, but, the ones I've seen pictures of, look great. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive got a 440 I just pulled out of a 73' camper,it was running like a charm when I parked it 10 years ago,and I kept antifreeze in it,but havnt turned it over in about 4 years,but its a good engine.I will either sell it or find something to drop it in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts