Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! Got an A/C question for ya'll

Hello all! I'm looking forward to your help and hope I can contribute in return.
I recharged my A/C with a R-134 recharge & leak sealant kit from the auto parts store but my A/C still isn't working. Is my compressor shot or could there be another problem? I'm an average mechanic but very mechanically inclined, if I can take it apart i can put it back together. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

The symtoms mine showed before it seized up were: sporadic cooling that seemed to diminish over time, sporadic belt squealing at the A/C pulley, and lack of change in rpm when turning A/C off and on (means the relay isn't working). Be careful; my clutch bearing seized up and locked the pulley shredding the serpentine belt in the process. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ev

I'm not sure when it quit on me. It worked fine last summer but hasn't worked at all this year, so I didn't experience any sporadic cooling issues. I haven't had any squealing problems or rpm problems either. I've checked all the electrical connections and can't see any problems there. That's what leads me to believe its something internal with my compressor.
Thanks to all that can help.

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! Hope you get it fixed....now isn't the time to be without :(

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts