Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my rear signals. When I put the left signal on, the front signal works while the back does nothing. On the right side, when my right signal is on the front works fine while the back lights both blink as if my hazards are on. When I hit the breaks while this is happening the blinker stops and break lights come on.
I just bought my first truck so am not sure where to check for loose grounds. Can someone give me some detail into how and where to check? I am assuming it is the grounds but am not sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know if you've solved this already, but if i were you, I'd start at the actual rear light fixtures. It can be something as simple as cross wiring the bulbs back there. When I was a kid, we'd mess with each other all the time wiring the brake switch to the horn and switching around all the lights and what not. Looking back, not so bright, but what can you do? Boys will be boys.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i would look at the trailer connection in the rear of the truck. when these corrode they can do some funky stuff with your light. another easy test to do is. turn you problem circuit on and then pull a bulb and see if it changes anything. if it does then you know the issue will be on that bulb circuit. then just chase the wires down and make sure they are not rubbing on the frame or anywhere where it might ground/short.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts