Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone maybe someone can help me here I put a double din touch screen unit in my 2010 Dakota and it seems like the only way it's going to work is it by why are both the power wires of the Unit to a constant hot which would mean that I would have to turn the radio off manually every single time and turn it on the same way I would like to see if there's a way to trick the plug into thinking it his old stereo in because I put a meter on the white/orange wire and it reads about .87 volt so I am assuming that the stereo is dedicated to the truck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know what?... nevermind I got so fixated on that plug that I didn't even think about the option of going to ACC fuse and leaving it at that so I'm going to use the factory plug only for the speaker wires and the constant hot that's it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always go to the cigarette lighter just under the radio, only thing on that circuit and it's fused ACC power, plus it's only about a foot or two away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lighter is costant 12v in my truck , I wanted to be able to switch off the ignition and shut off the head unit all in one.
The only acc .devices I found were the windshield wipers ,mirrors and windows. So I went with the passenger side keyed window wire and threw and in-line fuse just in case... works perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts