Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone? Glad I found this forum. I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4x4 5spd and I must say it is a pretty nice truck. One problem...just crapped out on me. Went to go to work and the front end started going WOBBLEWOBBLEWOBBLEWOBBLE or WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB for you Dubstep fans. I'm more mechanically inclined with motorcycles, but I would definitely not say I know everything. I'm guessing it's the Death Wobble I hear about. I know Dakota's are notorious for wheel bearings and ball joints, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I hear it could also be the tierod. Just need some help and advice on what the possible problem is and if I can fix it at home (what would I need, etc) or should I just bring it to a mechanic. We have a really good mechanic...problem is he lives 30mins away and I have to somehow get it to him. Lol.

So any input and advice would be great! Just let me know asap so that I don't have to keep taking the motorcycle to work or everywhere I go XD

·
Aww Peg!
2,963 Posts
Welcome to the DakotaZ from NC! My guess would be tie rods and/or links. Wheel bearing would probably be making a noise. Glad to have you here, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Welcome to the Z Family from Southern Georgia!
Glad you decided to join us.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have you with us!!

could be either of those, i have a bad ball joint on the front left and a bad tie rod on the front right!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts