Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Dakota. When it is first started, the oil pressure gauge does not work. You can turn it off, and start it back up then the gauge works fine?? After being off for a few minutes, it does the same thing. I just acquired this truck, done a lot of work to it, but I love it! Has anyone ever had this problem?

·
Registered
2003 RT (5.9)
379 Posts
. When it is first started, the oil pressure gauge does not work. You can turn it off, and start it back up then the gauge works fine?? After being off for a few minutes, it does the same thing.
I've never had this problem, but here is a picture of that oil pressure sender that Ralph was talking about. If you click the arrow on the picture it will show you more views until you can see the business end of the sender. (You didn't say what your engine was, so this if for a 4.7, but I bet they are all similar if not the same.)

It seems possible that when you start the engine something gets pushed into or over the inlet port of the sender & then when you shut it off & start it right back up it is dislodged. But that's just a wild guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Dakota. When it is first started, the oil pressure gauge does not work. You can turn it off, and start it back up then the gauge works fine?? After being off for a few minutes, it does the same thing. I just acquired this truck, done a lot of work to it, but I love it! Has anyone ever had this problem?
My 2004 had the exact problem and replacing the oil sender fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts