Dakota Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's not too technical or anything but I am pretty excited. This morning I replaced out the stock shifter knob on my automatic Dakota. Was a lot simpler than I expected it to be. I still have to modify the aftermarket one slightly to make it look perfect but it works as is. I know it's a stupid little mod but it makes me happy. Saw the knob on sale for $4 so I thought why not give it a go. I need to hollow out the aftermarket button to put it over my stock overdrive button and glue it all together so it doesn't come apart when I am going down the road but I think it's pretty cool

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's always a good thing when a plan comes together -- no matter how big or how small.

Hows that Dakota running & working out for you these days?
It's running pretty well. Still more stuff to do with it. Always is on a truck this old with this many miles but I am happy with it. Posted a Pic of the finished product with the shifter. I think it looks pretty good. The OD button sticks a bit so I need to pull it out manually after using it but that's not a biggie.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you remove the factory knob?
Honestly wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Grabbed it with a set of vice grips and did a twist and pull motion. Looking back on it now I wish I had removed my overdrive button ahead of time as I pulled the wires out and had to put them back in. Other than that it went pretty smoothly. Modifying the aftermarket shifter was the difficult part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts