Dakota Forumz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the 2.5 Four & 5sp trans out of my Dakota Project. I have no idea what the condition of them is, I have not heard the engine run or checked the trans. I DO have some receipts that Came with the truck, concerning the engine and trans. If ANYONE wants these 2 items, they are "Freebies!" I do not need or want them. First one to speak up, gets them. I will not ship these, but could possibly come to an agreement on a place to meet someone, to save them some gas and effort.
So, if anyone wants this stuff, let me know ASAP. ;) The engine includes the computer and air cleaner.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In addition to the engine and trans, I will make a running list of what I'm not keeping and what I will have to give to who ever might want them.

Everything listed here, is Free and "AS IS"

1. Engine (2.5 4cyl)
2. 5spd trans
3. Computer w/ harness
4. Air Cleaner
5. A/C pluming and compressor

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i lived closer i would come get it but im in IN right by KY and OH lol lil far for me

I hear THAT and it's the Story of My Life too! So, you are not alone. I've got a '69 Plymouth GTX and I found a pair of fenders not badly priced, but he won't ship (don't know how much that would raise my cost, anyway) AND he lives too far away, over on the upper East Coast. :(

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats a set new

On ebay, a pair goes for a little over $1,000 (a little over $500 a piece)

On 1 site that I found them, they were over $600 a piece.

Found a new grille once, that was about $2500.

Way too rich for MY blood. :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
holy sheet.... i want to build a camaro... um yea a 67-69... but shit thats expencive... ive always loved that car and i like the old gto's with the over under headlights... and older chevelles

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya, loud and clear. Back in 1969, I was fortunate enough to have been able to get a red '66 Dodge Charger (383/4sp/posi) and Loved it. Then, the next hing I knew, I traded it for a Petty Blue w/ a black vinyl top '69 road runner coupe. Met the girl of my dreams, and SHE had a Gold '69 road runner hdtp. Well, those cars have been gone for some time and my Wife passed away almost 2yrs ago (1Jul09) and I have managed to get a '69 GTX and thought I spent too much for it, for what it still needed. THEN, I looked around and saw that a GTX, like I thought it shout be, would cost alot more than that. Now that I have another vintage Mopar w/ Muscle, I won't let go of IT, til I leave this earth. BTW, this GTX closely resembles the road runner my Wife had and is dedicated to her.

A number of items, aren't badly priced, but then again, SOME are WAY overpriced! Wish there was a way for YOU to be able to DO a Camaro, like you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts